Most coffee shops in the UK now have reusable coffee cups for sale by the counter, the first step is to get yourself a reusable cup.
Other, more stylish options, are available like Keep Cups!
* The above link is not an affiliate link, or an ad.
Remember to take your cup with you!
It's no good having a reusable cup if it's sat at home when you get to the coffee shop! Get into the habit of taking it with you when you head out.
Spread the word:
The more people opt for reusable options, the better. Luckily reusable cups make great presents! Know a coffee lover who always has a single-use cup? Get them a reusable one.
Why is this important?
Single-use cups, like all single-use packaging, affect the environment in many ways:
- It takes constant energy and resources to produce
- Plastic used in production can't always be recycled
- Only a small percentage of waste is actually recycled, the rest ends up in landfill or worse
- Even if a cup is recyclable, it still takes an incredible amount of energy and resources to do so
Recycling is not the answer here, we need to switch to a reusable mindset and ditch the single-use altogether.